20/3/21 Day 28

TODAY'S VERSE: 20/3/21 Day 28

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.”

“No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

John 14:1-6

 


TODAY'S DEVOTION:

Are we there yet????

I think I uttered those words nearly every week of every summer of my childhood as my family made our way to our lake cabin. The trip was only 67 miles. We took the same route every single time. I wouldn’t be able to guess how many times I had been on that stretch of road. I knew it like the back of my hand. Despite all of that, when I was stuck in the car it seemed like I lost all sense of reason or understanding. Logically, I knew where we were – no matter where we were when I called out my words. Logically, I knew that the trip would take just over an hour. Logically, I knew that my parents’ answers were not going to make the trip go any faster.

However, I called out those words every trip.

Maybe it wasn’t their answer that I was seeking. Maybe I needed something more. Maybe I needed to know that they were there with me. Having them there with me gave me assurance, confidence, solace… Hope.

Chances are, you know what I am talking about. Not just in the road trips that we may take in our lives, but in the journey of our lives.

The beauty and challenge we are on in life, which we see amplified in the season of Lent, is that there is journey from death to life. A life that is focused on and realized in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

We are on the cusp of Easter, but we are not quite there yet. We know that Hope is here through Jesus, but we still live in an incomplete world. The promise is that Jesus is with us every step of the way.

Maybe you feel stuck. Maybe you feel like you are on a journey that seems like it will never end. Are we there yet? Call out to Jesus – he is with you and he answers every time.

Pastor Jeremy Johnson

TODAY'S PRAYER

Heavenly Father, thank you for being a God who loves us. Thank you for loving us so much that you entered into our journey. Thank you for your son, Jesus. Remind us to keep our eyes focused on him. Be with us as we make our way towards Easter where we celebrate the victory you give us over sin, death and the power of evil. We pray all of this in your holy name. Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18/2/21 Day 2

27/3/21 Day 34

SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE FOR LENT SEASON 2021