30/3/21 Day 36

TODAY'S VERSE: 30/3/21 Day 36

“The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard Jesus’ teaching and began to look for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.” - Mark 11.18

 

TODAY'S DEVOTION:

In divine revelation Jesus poured out teaching after teaching in the temple s they celebrated Passover the entire week. Jesus was on a mission to totally unveil his Lordship as his teaching pointed to his supremacy to define truth and love with justice and redemption in his heart.

In this Holy Week we pause to contemplate our lives alongside the chief priests, teachers of the law, and the crowd of Jesus’ day. Where will you find yourself among these people?

It’s probably easier for me to think that I would be in the crowd who was amazed at his teaching. But, for a moment, I also might consider if there is any desire within me to have my own sinful way apart from Jesus- and to what extent might fear rise up within me that would cause me to distance myself from Jesus.

“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” - 1 John 1.8-9

In what ways are you amazed at Jesus’ teaching?

What are the things that Jesus can forgive and purify in your life?

Pastor Eric Voelker

TODAY'S PRAYER

Lord, in this Holy Week bless us with your great presence. May your name be lifted high in and through my life. May you be glorified. Examine my heart today and if you find any way that is within me that leads me to fear, deny, or betray you- would you cleanse my heart and soul now. Draw me closer and closer to your great and amazing love. Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18/2/21 Day 2

SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE FOR LENT SEASON 2021

13/3/21 Day 22