13/3/21 Day 22

TODAY'S VERSE: 13/3/21 Day 22

“But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. The wild animals in the fields will thank me, the jackals and owls, too, for giving them water in the desert. Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland so my chosen people can be refreshed.” - Isaiah 43:18-20

 

TODAY'S DEVOTION:

This question has stuck with me all through Lent so far:

What if God wants to show up in my life this season of Lent and do a NEW thing? And, what if God wants to do the same thing in your life, as well as here at Hope?

Just like the fresh breezes of spring outdoors, what if God wants to “melt” a part of your heart that is cold? What if God wants to turn over some soil in your life that has been tamped down firmly for a long time?

These verses from Isaiah bring me incredible hope this season of Lent. Where wilderness exists in our lives, God is making a pathway through it. Where there is a dry wasteland, God will bring not only rain or a tiny stream, but is creating a RIVER. 

The purpose of this is so that God’s people can be “refreshed.”

Whatever your posture has been this season so far, what if you watched for God to do a new thing that brings life to a part of your life that has been dead? Something that will refresh you?

I know I’m watching eagerly to see what new thing God has for me this season. I can already tell you there’s some pruning happening – which isn’t necessarily my favorite thing – but I know it’s because fresh fruit and growth is coming.

Welcome, spring! Welcome, Spirit!

Jamie Richards
Young Adult (REVIVE) Minister



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18/2/21 Day 2

27/3/21 Day 34

SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE FOR LENT SEASON 2021